Coming in August and SeptemberClallam County Fair
Be a Ribbon Winner!
Plan to enter your hand crafted items in the Fair.
Entry Forms will be available at the store mid July and we'd be happy to help you fill them out.
Information can be found in the Exhibitors Guide
Introduction to Needle Felting
Wednesday August 20, 5:45 - 8:15 pm
Wednesday September 24, 5:45 - 8:15 pm
$35.00 includes 2 needles and color wool assortment.
Join with artist Lauralee DeLuca to learn the basics of making a piece of "fiber art". You don’t have to be an artist to make something great!
Needle felting is limited only by your imagination. Once you learn some basic techniques, needle felting can be used to add embellishments to your knitted garments or woven fabric or as a stand-alone work of art. In class, you will have an opportunity to make your own ideas come alive with fiber. We will cover basics of both flat and 3-D felting.
Felted Nuno Scarf ClassNuno scarves are an intriguing collaboration using a silk fabric base and wet felting layers of fibers including wool, mohair, silk and other dyed and natural colored fibers.Come prepared to be amazed at your creations! $45 includes all materials. Call to reserve you space in the next class
September 10, 5:45 - 8:15
Introduction to Wet Felting
Wednesday September 17, 5:45 - 8:15 pm
Bring energy, comfortable clothes and a towel to learn the technique of wet felting. Create a placemat-sized piece of original, usable felt art using colorful carded wool, warm soapy water, bubble wrap, and a swimming noodle. Join Alaska Fiber Artist Lauralee DeLuca for an afternoon of creativity and fun. Call to signup for the next class! $30 plus materials. Call to reserve you space in the next class.
Join in these Free Events At Cabled Fiber Studio
- Tuesdays 11-2 Lunch Time knitters. Have an hour to spare? Join the group as they share their current project, explore new techniques and problem solve.
- Wednesday 11-2 Crochet Study Group. Taking the summer off. See you in September. Want to explore crochet without the formal class? Learn to read patterns, a new stitch or how to work with a different yarn. No appointment, just drop in.
- Thursday 10-noon (2nd and 4th) NOSSG Spindle Group. Support and drop spindles alike from the North Olympic Shuttle and Spindle Guild join together to explore the craft of hand spinning and to share their learning experiences.
- Thursday 3:30 - 6 Knitting and More Group. Come meet other fiber craft people for a fun after work social gathering. Share your current project and take time for yourself to be creative.
- Saturday 1-3pm Free Hat workshops. Let MarySue walk you through her own hat pattern or answer your hat questions. You will need basic knitting experience. Please call to let us know you're coming.
If you're a knitter who is in a hurry to finish holiday gifts, you have a treat in store with the release of "60 Quick Knits from America's Yarn Shops". MarySue French, owner of Cabled Fiber Studio, is one of the selected designers in this collection of Cascade Yarn inspired patterns. She is available on Saturdays to sign the book. If you are interested in taking a free hat class, call the store to make a Saturday Afternoon Rendezvous.
Come spin with us! Join with other spinners from the Region
Next meeting Sunday September 27th, 1:00 pm
Demonstrations at the Fair August 16, 10 am - 7 pm
106 N Laurel Street, Port Angeles, Washington 98362
firstname.lastname@example.orgVisit our Facebook page